Sunday, January 18, 2004

Silence....



I've recently had quite the crisis. Friday Chelsea, Rebecca and Quiten walked from school to my house in order to get a ride to the mall, as I was on my way to work. We were all going to see a movie after I was finished work around 8 or so. When they got to my house Quiten thought it would be a good idea to let his parents know he was going to be going to the movies tonight with us girls, and that he wouldnt be back until 11:30 or so and he'd have a ride home with me. When he was finished on the phone he became very quiet and withdrawn, he said that his parents had told him they weren't happy with him going but they told him it was okay anyways. So wI drive to work and we I buy Pizza for everyone. Quiten hardly said a word the whole time, but I didn't think anything of it, because he's usually some sort of quiet around me. At about five I clock in and around quater after five they leave to head to the mall and paruse until 8 when I'd meet them there to catch a flick at the Cinema. I think it was around seven or so, not sure of the exact time, when Chelsea and Becca walked in with very upset looks on their faces. I guess they were seated because I had to go looking for them to see what was up. They told me that when they had reached the mall and walked around for a bit Quiten had become more withdrawn and timid looking. He had suddenly suggested they walk to his house because he needed to change (he was still wearing his uniform). So they did, and before they got to the door, he took his hat off and informed Chelsea and Becca that his father was more than likely going to be yelling, and to not take offence to anything said, then became very quiet. His father came to the door after they has stepped in, and in a very cheerful voice said, "Oh nice to see you have decided to come!" With that Quiten stammered, "Yes, I uhm, just forgot something, so I uhm, needed to get it, and uhm change..." His father answered with, "Oh that, I know exactly what you are looking for, its upstairs in your room, why don't you come up with me." And it wasnt a question, it was a command. Becca said that while they waited at the door they promtly heard a loud SLAP and muffled voices, possible yelling. Then his father came down and said that Quinten was going to be staying in tonight and that he might call them later, then ushered them out the door. I was so angry, I wanted to cry and/or scream and yell. Who in their right mind treats a fifteen year old like a child? With Quitens background, his parents should know better than to treat him they way they are, they should be using more caution. Now I can see why he is the way he is. I just wish I got to spend more time with him, I can see that he needs a real friend, and I want to be a friend to him, and not have him push me away. I am so worried about him, I decided what I am going to do, but I wanted to speak to Quinten about it tomorrow at school first. Though its not going to make my decision any different, I just want him to know first.

I am not sure I should have posted this, but I felt I had to.