Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Looks like we're in for nasty weather

Currently Listening To: CCR- Bad Moon Rising

So I'm finally doing it. Paul mentioned that if I didnt update my blog sometime soon he was going to do something rash. So here it is. The update.
 
I'm moving soon. I can't get it off my mind. But I'm also not packed. My room looks just the same as it always does. Messy and full of shit. Mom tried to help me a bit with some stuff, but it didnt exactly make a dent. And for those people that have seen my room, they know that thats not surprising. So here I am, posting on my blog rather than packing. Mom rented the truck for the 5th of August. That's officially my due date outta here. Matthew's already begging me to hurry up and leave. He get's my room after I'm gone, and he wants to paint it and start moving his stuff in now. Mom say's she can't wait to convert Matthew's room into a sewing room so she can start folk art painting and sewing again. So it's goodbye Mandy everyone!
 
First thing's first though. Thursday morning I have to be at Trent for an orientation and Mom is coming with me. They have something for the parents too, so until lunch time she has to do course thingies too. Then at 2:30 or whatever time the parents leave she leaves me by myself for the weekend and I stay in one of the residence rooms until Sunday. Though I'm there preparing for the online course I'm gonna take for university prep, so it's not all fun and games. Then Sunday at lunch time I have to be out of the rez and Mom and Dad will come and have lunch in the big dining room area. But after this weekend it'll mean that it's even cloer to the time I have to move and I still havent packed! Shit! One things certain though, I won't have to pack any of the books that were in my bookcase 'cause they're all packed and in three big banana boxes. Taking up space in my room, but what can ya do when you've already filled the hallway with stuff for the apartment and every other available space in the living room and dining room.
 
OOoooh!! That reminds me. Yesterday I bought a couch, loveseat, overstuffed chair and an autimen that all match from the Salvation Army. They delivered it and everything. Best part is, it only cost me 65 dollars all together. 65$!! Its a damn good thing I didnt buy one when I went to the antique's auction. So my living room set is sitting in our dining room, just pleading with me to find a place to put them. They're sort of an offwhite and white colour with a raised pattern in some places, but of the same colour. No offending orange, brown and rust colours from the 70's baby. This is an expensive off white couch! Damn thats some good karma.
 
Speaking of the antique's auction. It was an old lady that died and she had everything! All gorgeous stuff not to mention. I bought an old cedar chest to put at the end of my bed, and a mahogany rocking chair. The chest was like 135$ and I had to fight with a man for the rocker which I ended up getting for 155$. He must have been an antique's dealer because he bought almost everything there! Both bedroom sets, some jewelery, some vases, that kind of thing. And hoo boy did he want that rocker, cause it went with one of the bedroom sets. God it would have been nice to have the mahogany bedroom set. It was beautiful. But waaay out of my price range.
 
Today was officially my last day at Pizza Hut. Yeah baby, no more of that shit. And go figure, Michele at work wanted me to vouch for her because of Sunday night, which I won't get into, so today I had to write a witness report for Chico, the boss of all the Pizza Huts in the area. And I'll be damned if I didnt tell the story right and tell off the managers that work there now and the ones that worked there previously in my letter. Going on about how inhumane I thought it was that I've seen people work 10 hours straight with no breaks *coughcoughsundaynightcoughcough* I don't know if it's just the way pizza hut's are, or whether they care or not about their employees, but that pissed me off. Did I ever get a break working at pizza hut for almost the whole year that I worked there? Nope. Oh sorry, except for Valentines day when we were so busy that I was the only one at the cash register and people were lined up out the door wanting to pick-up, order, or get a seat. I told Fez that I was damnwell going out for a smoke break, and he says to me "but you don't smoke" (cause you see the only people that every get a few minutes for a break are those who go for a smoke) and I told him "wel I do now!" But hey, thats over now. So I'm done with ranting about that.
 
"I am the devil and I'm commin' for you."