Tuesday, June 15, 2004

When Angels Cry Blood

Currently Listening To: HIM-(Acoustic)-Funeral Of Hearts

Yesterday we went and picked up two kitties from the Shelter Of Hope, the place Kelly and I have started volunteering at lately. The one kitty is going to be mine and Kelly's. His name is Malcolm, and hes a black short hair. They think hes about 3 years old, and hes very muscular. But he's scruffy and has a doggied ear. He must have been an outdoor cat and a scrapper. Plus he isn't declawed nor is he fixed.

The second cat is Oliver. Matthew named him even before we took him home. They hadn't named him yet. He's orange and white, big, and 3 years old. Very passive, and pliable. (Inside joke :P)

This morning around 5ish I could hear Malcolm and Oliver fighting. Mom got to them before I did, and found Malcolm on top of Oliver, biting his side. We had to separate them again. Malcolm's been hiding a lot. He mostly spends his time under the stairs, and we think he has been peeing in other places than the litter box.

However only an hour ago or so Matthew was able to clear out under the stairs, and we fished out Malcolm. It was quite the chase but I got him. It took brushing him to calm him down. I've got him in my room now, I know he's in here because I made sure I closed the door, but I can't seem to find him. I brought a fresh litter box in here, and some food and water. So I hope separating him from Oliver (Who spent the night in my room last night) will make things better until everyone can calm down.

Poor Cleo, I think she's going to have a heartattack though. We've had her for about five years now, and shes really protective of the house. When she saw Malcolm(remember, the scrapper?) she started hitting him and hissing. Poor Malcolm backed away scared! *shakes her head* Cleo has been quite the bitch to the other two. Hopefully things will be better in a few days. Otherwise Moms thinking of getting rid of Oliver, cause she doesn't want to have to put him through this anymore. He's a basket case. Oi.