Monday, May 10, 2004

She always laughs at the most horrible things

Currently Listening To: Kahuna- Hayling


So I go upstairs to show Mom and Dad my new t-shirt and pants from Bootlegger, and we end up talking about Mom's baby bonus cheque. Because I am 18 I am no longer a dependent according the government, and therefore they take me off of the money Mom gets every month. Dad brought up that they had sent us something else in the mail bugging us again about me. Something about workers something or other. Mom said that they even take another hundred dollars or so off of the cheque because they are assuming I pay my parents rent.

What I want to know is why it is assumed, because I don't, and why a child living with their parents would be paying rent in the first place? It's not like suddenly, because the kid has turned 18, they become financially stable enough to pay their own parents rent, or are suddenly adult enough to.

It really peeves me off how the government works, how they think, and how they act. Sometimes I think they take tips from the States. It's goddamn frustrating.

Anyone else going through, or has gone through this same thing, and has any opinions or comments on it? Or maybe you want to argue. Leave me a comment. Oi...