Saturday, March 20, 2004

I spoke into his eyes

Currently Listening To:David Bowie- The Man Who Sold The World


I'm not sure whether or not I feel like March Break has gone by too fast or too slow, right now. I suppose I've just had my up and down days. I've spent a lot of it either sick or working.

Last night Nathan came and picked me up in his new car and we rented a few movies. Mona Lisa Smile, and Midnight Mass. Midnight Mass looked really good, even had a good plot line and front cover on the movie. So because Nathan had to go to work at 12 he wanted to watch that one first. Not even five minutes in everyone was groaning and grumping because it was a really bad B movie. ( mean hey, I'm Queen when it comes to renting B movies, but no one else will watch them with me. So I guess I'll be watching it by myself tonight. ) Anyways, we turned it off and put in Mona Lisa Smile. Which was a really good idea, because oh-my-god it was so well done! For one I like all of the actress's in it AND the plot line was really cool. *two thumbs up.*

And yes I know my blocs always seem to be about some sort of movie review, but what else do I do other than work? Just watch movies. Oh and blog, or play The Sims on my computer. *grins* My Mary Kelly and Jack The Ripper couple are doing great by the way. :P

Ziggy Played Guitar.

I didn't win the lottery again today. What a surprise eh? My favourite ticket to play is the Cash For Life, and so far I've had really good luck with it. I won 4 dollars again, enough to play another ticket, which of course I lost on. Usually it takes about two to three tickets before I get a dud. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to that sort of thing. Actually so is my Dad. He always wins with the roll up the rim to win at Tim Hortons. Almost every time he gets another free coffee, or a cookie or something. I mean its never anything big, but at least its something eh?

I'm on fire, I'm running to the core, I'm eating all your Kings and Queens, all your sex and your diamonds.

I wish next weekend would hurry up and come. We get paid on Friday, so Brandon and I are going to make an appointment at TLB so he can get is cartilage done and I can finish my tattoo, and possibly start the one on my foot, or maybe get my nipple done. Not sure if I'm willing to have that all done in one sitting there, but we'll see. I'm going to get a rose in with the butterfly and zodiac symbols over my scar, then a slave ring on my foot. If anyone has any pictures they could send me of something to work with for my foot, I'd be happy to receive them and take a look. :)

Emily Dickinson
'Because I could not stop for death'

Because I could not stop for death
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labour and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school where children played
At wrestling in a ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 't is centuries; but each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity.